Fix Damaged Teeth in Denver and Lone Tree
If you crack or break a tooth, it may not necessarily cause you immediate pain. But if enough time passes without dental care, problems can arise. That’s why it’s best to come to our office immediately after the injury has occurred, so you can start your recovery without any complications.
The Dangers of a Broken Tooth or a Chipped Tooth
A broken, cracked, or chipped tooth can lead to a number of other oral problems, such as:
- Irritation to the tongue and cheek: A chipped tooth with sharp broken edges can scratch or cut the tongue and the inside of the cheek.
- Pain or sensitivity to temperature: Depending on how much of the tooth has been damaged or broken, nerves in the broken tooth’s pulp chamber could become exposed, causing significant pain and discomfort if stimulated by extreme temperatures.
- Painful biting: Biting could put pressure on the exposed nerves of a broken or cracked tooth and cause pain.
- Infection and inflammation: If a broken tooth goes untreated, bacteria can gather in the pulp chamber and cause the tooth to become infected. If this happens, root canal treatment or extraction may be required to protect the surrounding teeth.
To mitigate the risk of nerve damage and infection, it’s best to seek dental care as soon after an injury as possible.
Treatment for Damaged Teeth in Denver and Lone Tree
If treatment is sought out quickly, a broken or cracked tooth can be simple to repair. Depending on the extent of the damage, treatment options may include:
- Dental Bonding: For smaller cracks or chipped areas, a restorative composite can be a quick fix. The composite resin is inserted in its liquid form into a broken area. As it hardens, it maintains the integrity of the chipped or cracked tooth and protects it from further damage. This bonding procedure is an easy way to restore a tooth.
- Dental Crowns: Tooth crowns are a common and effective solution for more extensive tooth damage. Dental crowns are placed on top of the tooth, once all the broken pieces have been cleared away and any infection within the pulp chamber has been exterminated. All our dental crowns are made of high-quality porcelain that will look and feel natural inside your mouth.
- Dental Veneers: Dental veneers are another common restorative dentistry method. Tooth veneers are thin composites that cover surface damage to the tooth through bonding. Veneers for teeth are also used for cosmetic dentistry purposes, such as to correct the color or shape of a tooth.
- Root Canal Treatment: If a tooth has sustained significant damage and the inner pulp chamber has become infected, root canal treatment is recommended. The pulp chamber will be cleared of any debris and thoroughly sterilized, preventing the spread of infection. Once the cleaning is complete, the tooth is capped with a beautiful porcelain dental crown.
- Dental Fillings: If the outer structure of the cracked tooth is left intact but the interior is damaged, tooth-colored fillings can make it whole and healthy again.
- Tooth Extraction: Sometimes, the best course of action is to remove an infected tooth before the infection spreads to the rest of the mouth. Once the tooth is removed, it can be replaced with a dental implant and beautiful porcelain crown.
Brand New Teeth with Minimal Discomfort
Thanks to modern technology, tooth repair is quicker, more effective, and more comfortable than it’s ever been.
At Almeida & Bell Dental, your comfort matters to us just as much as your health does. That’s why we invest in state-of-the-art technology that can make your restorative experience as stress-free as possible. As with all our procedures, sedation dentistry is available to make your procedure as relaxing as possible.